Saturday, July 7, 2012

July 6th, Friday

Today was a difficult run!  Yesterday I woke up with a pinched nerve in my left neck/shoulder and it has been an issue ever since.  I took yesterday off hoping it would cease &/or desist but to no avail.  So today, I went out with the thought of doing what I could and hoping to get at least the 5.5 that I need to keep up with my pace.

I ran Fiesta Bay to keep cool as the clouds burned off fairly early inland.  8.31 miles in 1:16:53 for a weak 9:15/mile pace.  It was a struggle to be sure but I made it.

Not sure about you, but the Olympic games are one of my favorite sporting events, especially the summer games with track & field, gymnastics, swimming, basketball (no so great with the pros!), boxing,  & triathlon this year too.  Here are 2 of our marathon runners about their rivalry:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_47jcU7Img&feature=fvwrel

Remember they are amazing runners, not actors!  I was lucky enough to see Shalane run at Mission Bay when she won the 2011 USA XC championships.  I think she won by close to a minute on barely a 5 mile course!  Totally out-classed the field!  Here is another article on her that will give you her trials story, pretty cool!

http://www.americanrunning.org/w/article/shalane-flanagan-leads-us-women-at-2012-olympic-marathon-trials

Pretty amazing transition from 10K to the marathon! 

Total Miles:  1091.49  Pace Runner:  1033.49   +  58.00 miles

Running love to my parental units & to all! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment