Sunday, July 22, 2012

July 21, Saturday

Saturday morning after a long run, oh, did I not feel like running!  I did anyway because that is how I am going to get there!  8.27 miles in 1:13:13 for a pretty good pace of 8:51/mile.  I thought I was going to be about as slow as yesterday but when people are in front of me, I tend to want to catch them and then pass them!  I know it's crazy, I'm not racing, I'm just running!  But I guess the competitiveness in me comes out when I see people in front of me. 

The Statistician in me wants to do a study to see if there is a correlation between # of people on the run & my speed.  No time for that right now.  Maybe a project for stats class next year!

Speaking of stats, did I mention I broke the 1200 mile mark today!!!!!  Anyone want to give me some incentive to finish before the end of November???  Let me know...  No pics of 1200, more motorcycles & phones but this time there were turntables (foreshadowing) & even a snow cat! 

There is a Def Leppard song that came on during my home stretch that got me going that I think I am going to share with you.  Not really about running but the word "run" is in the title.  Love to run to it though!  They have been a favorite band of mine (maybe top 10 but for sure top 20) since i was in high school and the Pyromania album came out.  (Yes, I bought the ALBUM before I had the CD many years later) and going to see them with Deana LiMandri, Eric Seeley, et al (Motley Crue opened on their Shout at the Devil tour).  If you are not a fan of rock music, you might want to skip this one!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bptSnf6PBos

Total Miles:  1201.21  Pace Runner:  1115.95  +  85.26 miles!  +  29.8 for 2112! 

Love to my folks who I get to see tomorrow!!!! Yeah!!!!! <3   

No comments:

Post a Comment