Saturday, July 14, 2012

Friday the 13th of July

I survived Friday the 13th!!!!!!  I ran slow but Jason couldn't catch me!

I got a very late start and I was very worried about the heat!  It was 11:10 AM before I hit the pavement and it was getting thick out there.  Again, the humidity was not bad compared to what people go through elsewhere in the country, but it was pretty bad for San Diego!  I have made it a new habit of not even looking at my Garmin, just trying to keep putting one foot in front of the other (or as I like to put it, I just keep lifting my toes, the rest will follow!)  So I ran my usual 8.25 miles in 1:14:28 for 9:01/mile pace.  I knew I was slower than the past few trips around the pond, I could feel that humidity sucking the life out of my legs!  It's the miles that count anyway, not the time.

Today I also reached a new City!   I could now have run to Oklahoma City, 1139 miles from San Diego. (I could see the Thunder & Kevin Durant play!) Hard to believe that is the case but that's what I am told!

I hope you all survived your Friday the 13th!  I'm sure that if I can make it past Jason, I can keep my journey alive too!

Total Miles:  1140.38  Pace Runner:  1071.97  +  68.41 miles!

Love to all my peeps!  <3  


No comments:

Post a Comment