Friday, July 20, 2012

July 19th, Thursday

Today was the first time I had to cut a run short!  Granted I wanted to do a longer run in honor of the XC runners doing the Big Man Challenge up at Big Bear (7000-9000 ft. elevation with some good hills!) but it just wasn't in the cards.  Maybe tomorrow!  At about mile 6, I started getting a cramp in my back & I was trying to stretch it out as I ran but then it started getting into my rib cage, all on my right side.  I was going to do my figure 8 loop of both Fiesta & Sail Bay & since I started at Ski Beach, I still had an out.  By the time I was approaching the point of no return, I was struggling to breath normally so I "listened to my body" and cut it short at 8.40 miles in 1:17:08 for a 9:11/mile pace.  A fire engine was pulling out of the parking lot as I was coming in and I was hoping that I wasn't going to need them!  On the bright side, I was fine after my breathing turned to normal.  Just hope it doesn't become a habit!

After today's run, I have now run the equivalent of 45 marathons and I have now "run to" Wichita, KS & Aguascalientes, Mexico.  I know, it may not be the most exciting news but it does help me keep going and make me feel like I am making progress so bear with me!

Total Miles:  1180.38  Pace Runner:  1104.95  +  75.43 miles  (Now + 20.51 miles ahead of 2112 pace!)

Love to my folks, the Nield, Post, Thomas, Foussat, & Nelson families <3  You are all so strong and inspiring!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment