Thursday, July 26, 2012

July 24th, Tuesday

Today was another early wake up call another nice cool run up at Red Rock Canyon.  I didn't do the longer hill today for a break but I did get in 7.12 miles in 1:06:32 for a 9:19 pace.

Here is a view of the road I run.  It is pretty desolate at the early hour when I run and even though it seems a little barren, it is beautiful in its own way.  Below is looking North, above was looking south on Charleston Blvd. (159) toward Spring Mountain Ranch.  This is the flat part!

One more day of the early wake up call and then I will be able to sleep in!  Having a great time with my folks!  Reading "The Gipper" to my Dad and working on a puzzle with my Mom.  Met a nice couple at dinner who just moved into my parent's place.  (It's called Las Ventanas)  Bill & Marilyn were their names and he is a double amputee from the Korean War who went on to live a great life.  Pretty inspiring and amazing!

I want to add a quote from the song Ghostrider by Rush.  If you changed the name to Ghost Runner it obviously would be more appropriate but I really like this stanza:

  • Sunrise on the road behind
  • Sunset on the road ahead
  • There's nothing to stop you now
  • Nothing can stop you now


  • Total Miles:  1216.43   Pace Runner:  1132.44   +  83.99 miles

    Love to you all for your awesome support!  <3

    No comments:

    Post a Comment