Wednesday, July 18, 2012

July 16th, Monday

Day 5 of running is usually tough but it seemed unusually so today.  Got a late start, 9:51 AM, and it got a little warm but I thought it would be better than it was.  I am a bit optimistic, I guess.  8.20 miles in 1:12:06 for a pace of 8:48/mile which is much faster than I felt it went, that's for sure!

My ear buds for my iPod went bad (at least the left ear) about 10 days ago and I ran with one ear for a bit until I made it to buy some new ones.  I learned about some that are called "Yurbuds" that are designed for sport use and I am a huge fan after only a couple of uses.  I got the $30 pair which is the basic version but they have lived up to their claims.  They are so comfortable that I barely even know they are in my ears and they have never fallen out of my ears.  (They guarantee it!)  Sound is great and it fits in such a way as you can still hear someone if needed for an emergency.  very happy with my purchase!

Since we are on the music topic today, I will give you a song that has been inspiring to me and is on my playlist.  This is the live acoustic version (it's easier to hear the words & it is a great alternate version too!) of No Surrender by Bruce Springsteen.  The name says it all but the whole line is:  "No retreat, baby, no surrender".  Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxVu41Vsthg

Total Miles:  1163.83  Pace Runner:  1088.46  +  75.37 miles (another new record!)  

Love to all my favorite people (you know who you are!) <3

No comments:

Post a Comment