Saturday, July 21, 2012

July 20th, TGI Friday!

Today I did do the long run today that should have happened yesterday for the XC team!  I barely made it!!!!  Just some minor cramping and then flat exhaustion toward the end with a little flourish when I could see my truck!  12.56 miles in a long 1:58:54.  Pace: 9:28/mile, the pace that I started out running in January!  I know it was rough but I hadn't run that long in about 3 weeks!  Need to stay in better practice even though this humidity is rough.  Started early (8:17 AM) so that helped immensely!  

I should be able to finish off my 3rd week straight of 50 + miles though.  Pretty happy about that!  Getting 200 + miles in July will be awesome and give me a little more wriggle room should something go wrong.  The momentum is building and I just can't seem to slow down!!!!

That's all for now.  I'll leave you with a quote from a book I have called "The Heart of a Leader" by Ken Blanchard.  It simply says, "Get your ego out of the way and move on".  It is all about the fact that leadership is about the team, specifically, each individual member of your team.  You have to learn to take a backseat.

Total Miles:  1192.94   Pace Runner:  1110.45   +  82.49 miles!!! (first time over 80!)  + 27.3 for 2112 miles!

PLEASE KEEP SHARING & SUPPORTING!!!  I STILL NEED THE DONATIONS TOO!

THANK YOU!!!!

Love you Mom & Dad and all of my supporters as well!  <3  Keep the Love coming! 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment