Tuesday, July 24, 2012

July 23rd, Monday

Took yesterday off after a late night on Sat with the Alumni Tailgate at the extra-inning Padre game.  (saw a group of former students after the game and they asked how my running was going?  Thanks <3!)  Drove to Vegas for a visit with my folks :) on Sunday!  Got up at 4 AM to try to avoid the heat of the day and ran in Red Rock canyon (along the road not in the actual park).  I got 8.10 miles completed in 1:16:06 for a pace about 9:24/mile.  The road is fairly hilly and on the longer run there is a hill of about .9 miles long so the pace didn't bother me.

Did some reading of "The Gipper" to my dad and I think I enjoyed it as much if not more than my dad!  Great to spend time with both my Mom & Dad and even my brother, Gary, his wife, Beth, & their daughter, Brittany. 

I have some fun pics when the 4 of us went to the relatively new KISS mini golf place by the Hard Rock Hotel.


It costs a little too much and it is a little cheezy but we had a fun time and I got 4 holes-in-one (one with an assist from my sister-in-law, Beth!)  It is really amazing what Gene Simmons (I am assuming this was his brainchild) comes up with to make a buck.  The location is perfect but the golf was a little easy and they could have done more with it in my opinion.  I was disappointed they didn't have a KISS pinball machine personally!

Hope all your summers are going well and I will be talking to you soon.

Total Miles:  1209.31  Pace Runner:  1126.94   +  82.37 miles

I get to tell my parents I love them in person for a few days so I will say Love & thanks for all you who keep supporting with messages, sharing my story, and especially with DONATING!  <3

No comments:

Post a Comment