Thursday, July 19, 2012

July 18th, Wednesday

Took yesterday off and saw a great Padre game!  Scored 8 runs (I know, it was just the Astros, but I'll take it!)  I woke up very sore & it took me a while to figure out why!  I was doing my annual cutting back of my giant birds of paradise and all the squats and bending over had made my legs very sore!  Go figure, I thought nothing would make me sore with all the running but I was moving in different ways and it made the run more difficult.  To add to my fun, I didn't gt out until about 11 AM and it was warm & humid!!!!!  I also forgot the Garmin and almost called it quits but I have run the Fiesta Bay so often, I know the mileage so I would only be down the time.  I decided to run straight from my truck so I could see my phone inside so I at least had the time to the minute if not the second!  8.15 miles in roughly 1:16.  roughly 9:20/mile pace.

Today is the 200th day of the year & I realize that this journey is not going to wait for me.  I have to stay on top of things if I am going to achieve my goals.  "Time waits for no one!" Here's the whole quote in case you haven't seen it before:

"For a long time it had seemed to me that life was about to begin – real life. But there was always some obstacle in the way, something to be gotten through first, some unfinished business, time still to be served, a debt to be paid. Life would begin. At last it dawned on me to see that these obstacles were my life. This perspective has helped me to see that there is no way to happiness. Happiness is the way. So, treasure every moment you have and treasure it more because you shared it with someone special, special enough to spend your time…and remember that time waits for no one… Happiness is a journey and not a destination." - Alfred D. Souza

I really like this quote and most of us can learn a lot from it.  Reminds me of the quote from The Shawshank Redemption:  "Get busy living, or get busy dying" ~ Any Dufresne

Sorry, I can get carried away with my quotes!  Got through this day and hope tomorrow is a little better.  Thanks for your support, your donations, and for sharing all of this information with others!

Total Miles:  1171.98  Pace Runner:  1099.45  +  72.53 miles!

Love you Mom & Dad!  Lets hope for 166 more healthy days! <3


No comments:

Post a Comment