Monday, July 16, 2012

July 14th, Saturday

I went out to face the crowds at Mission Bay and they weren't that bad, at least early on.  Yes, today started the 59th (I think) annual OMBAC OTL tourney at Fiesta Island.  The run went pretty well by recent standards and even though I was tempted to run out on the Island to check things out, I decided that there was too much traffic and that I was just asking for trouble.  I just finished my run. 8.35 miles in about 1:15 for a pace of 8:59/mile.

I was going to put a video of the tourney on here bu there just isn't a good one that is clean enough for my audience.  I haven't been in quite some time & that was only to see my friend play but things can get a little wild there as some of you know.

Anyway, I just finished week 2 of the month of July & so far it has been a great month!  52.07 miles in week 1 & 50.69 miles this week!  My plan is to get as big of a cushion as possible before school starts again.  I'm also hoping to run with the varsity during XC season to get some more mileage in too.

I found this quote and it seems to fit my situation perfectly because should I not complete this goal of mine, I plan to offer no excuses.  I gave it my best effort and what happens, happens!

"A real failure does not need an excuse.  It is an end in itself"  ~ Gertrude Stein

Total Miles:  1148.73  Pace Runner:  1077.46  +  71.27 miles  (1st time over 70!!!)

Love you Mom & Dad!  See you soon!  <3 

No comments:

Post a Comment