Friday, July 27, 2012

July 25th, Wednesday

My last day to run in Las Vegas this AM.  Pretty cool sunrise that I took a pic of for you:

The clouds are subsiding and so was the humidity.  Finally felt the usual dryness in my mouth as is par for the course for running out here.  I ran 8.14 miles in 1:16:41 for a pace of 9:25/mile.  The hills definitely slow my pace but not sure if the early hour has anything to do with it or not.  I know that I usually don't catch my stride until late in these runs so who knows or cares for that matter!

 This is a great sign that is posted along the road that I run on but I have yet to see any wild horses or burros but I must admit that if I did see them and they were close enough, I would be tempted to feed them but I usually don't carry any sugar cubes or carrots on my runs.

Again, having a great visit with my folks.  My Mom is becoming a pro at bejeweled on her new iPad that my Dad got for her on her 80th B Day!  We will be skyping soon!  Read some more of "The Gipper" to my dad yesterday and if you are a Notre Dame fan, I highly recommend it.  Very entertaining and interesting to see how college football worked back in the late 1910's.

As this could be my last run in the cool valley of Red Rock, I took a pic with me in it via the timer on my camera:

I know, I will never get photography awards (you can see not only the shadow of my truck, but also that of my camera on the edge of my bed!)  If I had more time on my hands, I would crop it and it wouldn't be an issue!  That's it for now.  Please keep supporting, commenting, & donating.  I now have some business cards in case anyone would like some to hand out for me!  Just let me know!

Total Miles:  1224.57  Pace Runner:  1137.93  +  86.64 miles  (+30.08 for 2112 goal!)  

Love to my incredible parents, they continue to inspire me with their courage and steadfast passion for life.  Can't wait to see you both again!  <3 

2 comments:

  1. Great job, Mr. R! You are doing so many amazing things along this journey, and I know there is only more to come. Keep that awesome attitude you have maintained this far; I'm so happy you are having fun with this!
    (Btw, some of your fliers are now up at UCLA:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Julia! Your words mean more than I can say! Go Bruins!

      Delete